Happy Spring 2021- Find up-to-date information here. for State of Vermont protocols.
BUSINESS OWNERS– Below are the latest round of funding and information. If you are interested in being on our mailings: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont Sole Proprietor Stabilization Program– The additional $1.6M in funding will offer grants between $1,500 and $10,000 to qualifying Sole Proprietors on a first come, first served basis. Applicants must demonstrate financial need through business expenditures which have not yet been reimbursed through other relief programs. Expenditures may represent expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021, or ongoing expenses in order to “pivot” business operations due to the pandemic. The program is funded by the U.S. Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) CDBG program. The federal funds are passed through the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD).
The application for this new round of funding will open on April 5th and run through May 26th. webinar on April 1, 2021 at 4 PM Questions contact the BDCC
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): The deadline has been extended until May 31st. The Vermont District Office of the SBA continues to offer two weekly webinars on First and Second Draw PPP loans and PPP loan forgiveness.
- Vermont Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) funding: A second round of sole proprietor grants, ranging from $1,500 and $10,000, are now open to qualifying sole proprietors on a first come, first served basis. Technical assistance resources are available on the grant program website.
- Cultural Facilities Grants: Offered by the Vermont Arts Council, applications for awards of up to $30,000 to Vermont nonprofit organizations and municipalities to increase the physical capacity to provide cultural activities for the public are now being accepted through June 7th.
Face Masks Are Required in Vermont
All our employees are wearing masks to protect you, we ask that you do the same when visiting the shops and restaurants in Downtown.
Businesses and non-profit and government entities shall implement measures notifying customers or clients of the requirement to wear masks or facial coverings, which may include, but shall not be limited to, posting signage stating that masks or cloth facial coverings are required and denial of entry or service to customers or clients who decline to wear masks or facial coverings.
Masks or cloth facial coverings are not required when someone is engaged in strenuous exercise or activity when physical distance of six (6) feet can be consistently maintained (learn more about mask requirements for sports in the Work Safe Memo), for anyone under the age of 2, any child or adult with a medical or developmental issue or challenge that is complicated or irritated by a facial covering, anyone with difficulty breathing or as further set forth in guidance issued by the Vermont Department of Health. A person who declines to wear a mask or cloth face covering because of a medical or developmental issue, or difficulty breathing, shall not be required to produce documentation, or other evidence, verifying the condition.
Please Wear A Face Mask Just Out of Respect
and Appreciation For All Those Who
Have Been Serving And Caring For Our
Community During These Last Few Months.
March 17, 2021 update: COVID-19 Business info. BFDDA’s WEBSITE: https://www.bellowsfallsvt.org, MEMBER DIRECTORY – EACH MEMBER HAS A PAGE LISTING THEIR WEBSITE & PHONE NUMBER!
• Halladays Flowers and Gifts– please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance 802-463-3331
• Windham Antique Center– please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance -802-732-8081 Open daily new website
• The Rock & Hammer Jewelry – please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance- Closed Sunday, Monday Open Tuesday-Thursday 10-5, Fridays 10-6, Saturdays 10-4 802-463-2289
• Canal Street Art Gallery – 802-289-0104 , virtual Live- 3rd Friday art show check their Facebook page 802-289-0104 Virtual Live BF3F Fridays
• Halladay’s Harvest Barn -802-463-3471 Love spice, Love Life! Dips & Boxes Full of goodies- Send this one to someone who is homesick for Vermont
• Allen Brothers Farm Stand – New Gas pumps installed! Open daily Monday -Wednesday 6-8 Thurs-Saturday 6-9 Sundays 7-8 Check out Facebook for daily menu: lots of prepared meals offers curbside and the best craft beer, cider and wine room! 802-722-3395
• People’s Bank- 802-463-4524 Open 8:30-5 Monday -Thursday 8:30- 5:30 Fridays, Closed Saturday and Sunday, Drive through ATM on Atkinson Street
• Great Falls Regional Chamber of Commerce – 802-463-4280 Call Deb for information
• Lisai’s Corner Deli – 802-732-8052 Open 7-2 Monday -Saturday, Closed Sundays. Check out menu on Facebook.
• Village Square Booksellers– 802-463-9404 Open daily, Monday – Thursday and Saturdays 10-5 Fridays 10-7 Sundays 10-3 please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance. Order online or by phone, curbside & local delivery available.
• River Artisans Cooperative – Closed Tuesday, Wednesday Open Thursday-Monday 11-5 802-591-2085
• The Threaded Trunk Boutique – Woman’s Clothing Boutique & Custom jewelry. Let Kassandra Maxfield help choose the best style for you! Open Wednesdays through Saturdays – Live FB videos
Everyday Creative – Open Wednesdays -Fridays 1-5 and Saturday 10-5 Tea, Jubilee CBD, Plants and Check out zoom classes and more information on FB
• Bellows Falls Historical Society – Riverfront Park and Labyrinth open. Historical Society limited hours Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 1-3 by appointment.
• Greater Falls Pharmacy – 802- 460-2634 Open 8:30-6 Monday – Friday 9-4 Saturday Closed Sundays
• J&H Hardware & Sporting Goods– open please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance – curbside pickup available. Fast friendly service 802-463-4140
• Main Street Arts– new website, stay tuned!
• Edward Jones – 802-463-0083 Bill Stevens Open
• Greater Falls Eye Care 802-463-4488 Dr. Timothy Johnson Open
• Smokin’Bowls – 802-463-9800 Open Fridays 11 am-10 pm and Saturdays and Sundays 11- 7 Catering Meals available
• Massucco & Stern, P.C.- – Ray Massucco: 802-376-5204, Josh Stern: 802-376-4764 to schedule consultations. Like them on FB! please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance
• Simone’s Styling Salon Simone Crosby is Open for appointments: 802-463-3992
• Sherwin Art Glass– On FB and Youtube For appointments: 802-376-5744
• Salmon & Nostrand – call 802-463-4507
• The Richards Group– appointments – 802-463-4533
• Julie Moir Messervy Design Studio. working from home. Email: email@example.com
• Works on Paper – by appointment 802-460-1149 Facebook
• Cota & Cota Oil– office open. 802-463-0000
• Chroma Technology staggered shifts for manufacturing coverage, others working at home. 802-428-2500
• Green Mountain Traffic Control– flaggers essential workers, 802-463-4380
Donovan’s- 65 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls, VT 05101 802-463-4940
• Hennessey Electric- operating – 802-463-4808
• Sustainable Valley Group. Operating Greater Falls Farmer’s Market May- October
• Silver Forest Jewelry 800-922-9946
• SEVCA– SEVCA can help you (and your family) get access to emergency food services. Call for an appointment, 800-464-9951, 802-722-4575 Facebook SEVCA Good Buy Store 45 Rockingham Street/Canal House
802-463-9084 Open Monday – Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00PM
• Hunter-Studio– See what Charlie is doing! En Train Air Tuesday Talks
• Rockingham Free Public Library – curbside pickup- 802-463-4270 Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or children, families, teachers, and students can email email@example.com for help.
• Lisai’s Market- Open daily 8-8 Monday – Saturday, Sunday 8-7. 802-463-4118. No phone orders or curbside services
• Popolo Restaurant – planning to re-open when permitted.
• Tsuga Studios- open
• Joy Wah: TAKEOUT Regular Menu 802-463-9761. 802-463-9762
• Leslie’s Tavern Open for take-out Wednesday-Saturday Call after 2 PM for ..menu will be online at Leslie’s The Tavern at Rockingham on Facebook and www.lesliestavern.com. Call 802-275-7809
• Rockingham Roasters. Free local delivery. Canned Cold Brew plus coffee or ground beans available. Buy cold brew at Pete’s Stand in Walpole and Smitty’s Market in Chester. JoAnna’s Glamorama Open, call for appointment 802-463-3200
Arch Bridge Bookshop- Call Duane 802-463-2098 Open Wednesday -Saturday 930-530
Jim’s Arcade Open daily 10-6 Sundays 10-5 802-463-1489
• Pizza Palace 111 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls, Vermont 05101 Lunch specials
802-463-4447 delivery & take out http://pizzapalacevt.com/menu/
• Famous Pizza 89 Atkinson St Bellows Falls, VT 05101 – 802-463-3425 delivery & take out
• Athens Pizza 83 Westminster St Bellows Falls, Vermont 05101
Phone 802-463-9777. delivery & take out. Renovated Dining Room- new menu items
• Dari Joy Opening April 3, 2021!
Mountainside Tattoo & Piercing Open daily, appointments 802-275-6218
Anastasia’s Closet Call for appointment 802-380-1629 Find her on instagram too!
• Community Feed Store 75 US ROUTE Westminster Station, 802-722-9852 Don’t forget about food for your pets, large & small! Gardening supplies available too.
• Wunderbar – Currently closed for Spring renovations! Find them on Instagram and Facebook 802-489-0289
• Moon Dog Café 802- 732-8453- Wednesdays-Saturdays 9-3 Partnering with Everyone Eats Jamaican Jewelz Catering/ Food Stand Check out the 2 meals per month delivery service through the winter 802-380-7322 menu and information POP UP at the FlatIron building until April!
• Clark & Ulitsch Electric – 802-463-0612 is still operating for electrical work
• Bellows Falls Pet Supply and a whole lot more! Open normal hours- quick pickups. Delivery of pet food for emergencies 802-463-0093
• Harlow Farm Stand 6365 Route 5 Westminster, Vermont. Winter Market started 12/12 • Cafe Loco– closed for season 802-376-9626
• Father’s Restaurant Offering Local Delivery 802-463-3909
Busy Bee’s New and Gently Used Children’s Clothing open! Also serving free meals some Saturdays 802- 591-7353
• Miss Bellows Falls Diner Closed
• Shell Station -Stanch’s Place -new owners- gas & grocery & liquor- Local products available too! 802-463-4020 Meticulous Motors Open 802-732-8156
Bellows Falls Community Bike Project By appointment 802-460-0662 Kokopelli’s -Open 802-732-8267 Closed Mondays Open Tuesday- Fridays 11-6 Saturdays 11-5 Sundays 11-4 Heart & Soul Apothecary By appointment 802-829-3715
• Rockingham Dental Center 1 Hospital Ct 802-463-1915
• Dr David Heydenreich Dental -802-463-3187
• Greater Falls Dentistry – 802-463-4695
• Boccaccio’s Salon – Call 802-463-4495 for appointment
• Falls Mane Salon – Myriah Clark, Independent Stylist Heather Gleim, Independent Stylist Misty Haskell For appointments: 802-463-4000
• China Garden open for takeout 802-463-9885
• Walgreens: open.
• Vermont Country Store -Open Daily 10-5
• Saxtons River Market Open Daily 802-869-2266
• Saxtons River Inn Closed
Community Service Partners
Parks Place Community Resource Center is recognized as the hub of health and human services in the Greater Falls Area. Working with other agencies to identify gaps in services and strengthen connections between neighbors and the services they need. 802-463-9927
Greater Falls Connections Mission is to connect the community of Windham Northeast by inspiring and empowering people through education and collaboration to promote wellness and prevent the abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. Find out more information Online or Call 802-463-9927 Ext 212
List compiled by Pat Fowler, BFDDA Promotions Committee & Owner of Village Square Booksellers
https://labor.vermont.gov/covid19/covid-19-frequently-asked-questionsfor unemployment information
https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources. for SBA Loan information