2022- Find up-to-date information here. for State of Vermont protocols.
Face Masks Are Recommended in Vermont for inside visits and many local businesses require a mask. Free masks are provided at most establishments.
Wearing a mask
The Health Department also currently recommends wearing a mask in public indoor settings because a significant number of Vermonters remain unvaccinated and the more transmissible Delta variant is still spreading.
The need to wear a mask indoors is expected to be temporary, while vaccination levels increase and the Delta variant surge ends.
Wearing a mask helps protect you and the people around you from getting or spreading COVID-19. A mask helps contain your respiratory droplets and can keep them from reaching other people. COVID-19 can spread even if a person does not have any symptoms. This is how we reduce spread of the virus and outbreaks in our communities, schools and businesses.
Keep gatherings safe
Vermont data shows COVID-19 is often spreading when people get together with friends and family, dinners, parties or other social activities and events. It’s important to think about how to gather safely right now. This can reduce the potential for further spread of the virus, especially to those at higher risk of COVID-19. Here are some ways to keep gatherings safer:
- Stay outdoors when you can
- Keep groups small
- If you’re indoors, wear a mask in public settings or around people who may be at higher risk
- Avoid crowded spaces
- Consider getting tested before and after an event, especially if it includes older adults or those with significant underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk for serious illness from COVID-19
November 2021 – Due to the currently large number of COVID-19 cases, we are asking Vermonters who test positive for COVID-19 to isolate at home away from other people and begin reaching out to close contacts immediately. The Health Department will prioritize contact tracing to people at higher risk. You may not receive a phone call from a contact tracer, but you still need to stay home and away from others, and follow these steps to stop further spread
BUSINESS OWNERS– Below are the latest round of funding and information. If you are interested in being on our mailings: contact email@example.com
RESTAURANT REVITALIZATION FUND-The restaurant industry has been among the hardest-hit sectors during the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. To help bring jobs back and revive the industry, the American Rescue Plan, signed into law by President Joe Biden, established the $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund. The SBA will administer the funds to the hardest-hit small restaurants.
RRF will provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. Recipients are not required to repay the funding if funds are used for eligible uses no later than March 11, 2023.
“The site (www.sba.gov/restaurants) went live on Saturday with both a sample application and a program guide. We strongly encourage Vermont restaurants, brew pubs, food trucks, coffee shops, bars and all other potential applicants to look through this website and get their documents ready as it will be a very popular program. This is not a loan, it is a grant,” said Darcy Carter, SBA Vermont District Director.
Visit https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/covid-19-relief-options/restaurant-revitalization-fund for details on application requirements, eligibility, and a program guide for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RFF). Details on application requirements, eligibility, and a program guide are available in English, and Spanish at www.sba.gov/restaurantes.
The application is not yet open but you can sign up for notifications. Ahead of the application launch and over the next two weeks, the SBA will establish a seven-day pilot period for the RRF application portal and conduct extensive outreach and training. The official application launch date will be announced at a later date. For the first 21 days that the program is open, the SBA will prioritize reviewing applications from small businesses owned by women, veterans, and socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. Following the 21-day period, all eligible applicants are encouraged to submit applications.
Vermont Forward Plan: Universal Guidance | Agency of Commerce and Community Development
Vermont Tourism Resilience Exchange Virtual Series – VERMONT TOURISM SUMMIT (vttourismsummit.org)
Coronavirus Relief Options from the Small Business Administration
Vermont Sole Proprietor Stabilization Program– The additional $1.6M in funding will offer grants between $1,500 and $10,000 to qualifying Sole Proprietors on a first come, first served basis. Applicants must demonstrate financial need through business expenditures which have not yet been reimbursed through other relief programs. Expenditures may represent expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021, or ongoing expenses in order to “pivot” business operations due to the pandemic. The program is funded by the U.S. Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) CDBG program. The federal funds are passed through the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD).
The application for this new round of funding will open on April 5th and run through May 26th. webinar on April 1, 2021 at 4 PM Questions contact the BDCC
Community funding through the Agency of Commerce and Community Development for Recovery Funding, Community Relief, Rental Housing, Economic Development, Seed Grants, Cultural Relief
Small Business Recovery Technical Assistance provided by the Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): The deadline has been extended until May 31st. The Vermont District Office of the SBA continues to offer two weekly webinars on First and Second Draw PPP loans and PPP loan forgiveness.
- Vermont Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) funding: A second round of sole proprietor grants, ranging from $1,500 and $10,000, are now open to qualifying sole proprietors on a first come, first served basis. Technical assistance resources are available on the grant program website.
- Cultural Facilities Grants: Offered by the Vermont Arts Council, applications for awards of up to $30,000 to Vermont nonprofit organizations and municipalities to increase the physical capacity to provide cultural activities for the public are now being accepted through June 7th.
Businesses and non-profit and government entities shall implement measures notifying customers or clients of the requirement to wear masks or facial coverings, which may include, but shall not be limited to, posting signage stating that masks or cloth facial coverings are required and denial of entry or service to customers or clients who decline to wear masks or facial coverings.
Masks or cloth facial coverings are not required when someone is engaged in strenuous exercise or activity when physical distance of six (6) feet can be consistently maintained (learn more about mask requirements for sports in the Work Safe Memo), for anyone under the age of 2, any child or adult with a medical or developmental issue or challenge that is complicated or irritated by a facial covering, anyone with difficulty breathing or as further set forth in guidance issued by the Vermont Department of Health. A person who declines to wear a mask or cloth face covering because of a medical or developmental issue, or difficulty breathing, shall not be required to produce documentation, or other evidence, verifying the condition.
Please Wear A Face Mask Just Out of Respect
and Appreciation For All Those Who
Have Been Serving And Caring For Our
Community During These Last Few Months.
November 27, 2021 update: COVID-19 Business info. BFDDA’s WEBSITE: https://www.bellowsfallsvt.org, MEMBER DIRECTORY – EACH MEMBER HAS A PAGE LISTING THEIR WEBSITE & PHONE NUMBER!
• Halladays Flowers and Gifts– please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance 802-463-3331
• Windham Antique Center– please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance -802-732-8081 Open daily new website
• The Rock & Hammer Jewelry – please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance- Closed Sunday, Monday Open Tuesday-Thursday 10-5, Fridays 10-6, Saturdays 10-4 802-463-2289
• Canal Street Art Gallery – 802-289-0104 , virtual Live- 3rd Friday art show check their Facebook page 802-289-0104 Meet the artist on BF3F Fridays
• Halladay’s Harvest Barn -802-463-3471 Love spice, Love Life! Dips & Boxes Full of goodies- Send this one to someone who is homesick for Vermont
• Allen Brothers Farm Stand – New Gas pumps installed! Open daily Monday -Wednesday 6-8 Thurs-Saturday 6-9 Sundays 7-8 Check out Facebook for daily menu: lots of prepared meals offers curbside and the best craft beer, cider and wine room! Trees, wreaths, etc. available in the Greenhouse 802-722-3395
• People’s Bank- 802-463-4524 Open 8:30-5 Monday -Thursday 8:30- 5:30 Fridays, Closed Saturday and Sunday, Drive through ATM on Atkinson Street
• Great Falls Regional Chamber of Commerce – 802-463-4280 Call Deb for information
• Lisai’s Corner Deli – 802-732-8052 Open 7-2 Monday -Saturday, Closed Sundays. Check out menu on Facebook.
• Village Square Booksellers– 802-463-9404 Open daily, Monday – Thursday and Saturdays 10-5 Fridays 10-7 Sundays 10-3 please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance. Order online or by phone, curbside & local delivery available. Falls Mane Salon- Call Myriah Clark for appointments, holiday booking going fast! 802-463-4000 Bellows Falls Opera House Showing first run movies Friday – Tuesday, Classic Film Wednesdays and Special Events including Drew Lynch on January 20,2022 802-463-3964 X1120 Flat Iron Cooperative coming soon! Stay updated on FB
• River Artisans Cooperative – Closed Tuesday, Wednesday Open Thursday-Monday 11-5 802-591-2085
• The Threaded Trunk Boutique – Woman’s Clothing Boutique & Custom jewelry. Let Kassandra Maxfield help choose the best style for you! Open Wednesdays through Saturdays – Live FB videos
• Bellows Falls Historical Society – Riverfront Park and Labyrinth open. Historical Society limited hours Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 1-3 by appointment.
• Greater Falls Pharmacy – 802- 460-2634 Open 8:30-6 Monday – Friday 9-4 On Dec. 1 Closed Saturday & Sundays
• J&H Hardware & Sporting Goods– open please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance – curbside pickup available. Fast friendly service 802-463-4140
• Leslie’s Tavern Open Wednesday-Saturday Call after 2 PM for ..menu will be online at Leslie’s The Tavern at Rockingham on Facebook and www.lesliestavern.com. Call 802-275-7809 Booking Holiday parties
• Rockingham Roasters. restaurant open Open Thursday 6:30 – 2; Friday 6:30 – 6; Sunday 10 – 4, Monday Free local delivery. Canned Cold Brew plus coffee or ground beans available, sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, croissants. Buy cold brew at Pete’s Stand in Walpole and Smitty’s Market in Chester. JoAnna’s Glamorama Open, call for appointment 802-463-3200
• Main Street Arts– new website, stay tuned!
• Edward Jones – 802-463-0083 Bill Stevens Open
• Greater Falls Eye Care 802-463-4488 Dr. Timothy Johnson Open
• Smokin’Bowls – 802-463-9800 Open Fridays 11 am-10 pm and Saturdays and Sundays 11- 7 Catering Meals available
• Massucco & Stern, P.C.- – Ray Massucco: 802-376-5204, Josh Stern: 802-376-4764 to schedule consultations. Like them on FB! please wear mask and maintain 6 foot distance
• Simone’s Styling Salon Simone Crosby is Open for appointments: 802-463-3992
• Sherwin Art Glass– On FB and Youtube Open Studio! For appointments: 802-376-5744
• Salmon & Nostrand – call 802-463-4507
• The Richards Group– appointments – 802-463-4533
• Julie Moir Messervy Design Studio. Centennial Building Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Works on Paper – by appointment 802-460-1149 Facebook
• Cota & Cota Oil– office open. 802-463-0000
• Chroma Technology 802-428-2500
• Green Mountain Traffic Control– flaggers essential workers, 802-463-4380
PK’s Irish Pub – 802-732-8251 Check out specials on Facebook! Open for dining Tuesday Tacos, Friday Nachos, Saturday Burgers and Sunday Brunch. Must eat to drink, dine in or take out.
Donovan’s- 65 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls, VT 05101 802-463-4940
Leslie’s Tavern Open Wednesday-Saturday Call after 2 PM for ..menu will be online at Leslie’s The Tavern at Rockingham on Facebook and www.lesliestavern.com. Call 802-275-7809 Booking Holiday parties Kokopelli’s -Open 802-732-8267 Closed Mondays Open Tuesday- Fridays 11-6 Saturdays 11-5 Sundays 11-4
• Hennessey Electric- operating – 802-463-4808
• Sustainable Valley Group. Operating Greater Falls Farmer’s Market May- October
• Silver Forest Jewelry 800-922-9946
• SEVCA– SEVCA can help you (and your family) get access to emergency food services. Call for an appointment, 800-464-9951, 802-722-4575 Facebook SEVCA Good Buy Store 45 Rockingham Street/Canal House
802-463-9084 Open Monday – Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00PM
• Hunter-Studio– See what Charlie is doing! En Train Air Tuesday Talks Pizza Palace 111 Rockingham St. Bellows Falls, VT 05101 Lunch specials 802-463-4447 delivery & take out http://pizzapalacevt.com/menu/
• Rockingham Free Public Library – curbside pickup- 802-463-4270 Email email@example.com, or children, families, teachers, and students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. Boccaccio’s & Cason’s Corner – Call 802-463-4495 for appointment Bellows Falls Community Bike Project By appointment 802-460-0662
• Lisai’s Market- Open daily 8-8 Monday – Saturday, Sunday 8-6. 802-463-4118. No phone orders or curbside services
• Popolo Restaurant – back deck is finished, Popolo not opening this winter.
• Tsuga Studios- open
• Joy Wah: Dining room open- Regular Menu 802-463-9761. 802-463-9762
• Rockingham Roasters. restaurant open Open Thursday 6:30 – 2; Friday 6:30 – 6; Sunday 10 – 4, Monday Free local delivery. Canned Cold Brew plus coffee or ground beans available, sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, croissants. Buy cold brew at Pete’s Stand in Walpole and Smitty’s Market in Chester.
Arch Bridge Bookshop- Call Duane 802-463-2098 Open Wednesday -Saturday 930-530
Jim’s Arcade Open daily 10-6 Sundays 10-5 802-463-1489
• Famous Pizza 89 Atkinson St Bellows Falls, VT 05101 – 802-463-3425 delivery & take out
• Athens Pizza 83 Westminster St Bellows Falls, Vermont 05101
Phone 802-463-9777. delivery & take out. Renovated Dining Room- new menu items
• Dari Joy Opening April 3, 2021!
Mountainside Tattoo & Piercing Open daily, appointments 802-275-6218
Anastasia’s Closet Call for appointment 802-380-1629 Find her on instagram too!
• Community Feed Store 75 US ROUTE Westminster Station, 802-722-9852 Don’t forget about food for your pets, large & small! Gardening supplies available too.
• Wunderbar – Open as of November 17,2021 Book reservations online and Find them on Instagram and Facebook 802-489-0289
• Moon Dog Café 802- 732-8453- Wednesdays-Saturdays 9-3 Partnering with Everyone Eats Jamaican Jewelz Catering/ Food Stand Check out the 2 meals per month delivery service through the winter 802-380-7322 menu and information POP UP at the FlatIron building until April!
• Clark & Ulitsch Electric – 802-463-0612 is still operating for electrical work
• Bellows Falls Pet Supply and a whole lot more! Open normal hours- quick pickups. Delivery of pet food for emergencies 802-463-0093
• Harlow Farm Stand 6365 Route 5 Westminster, Vermont. Open as of May 1 • Cafe Loco– Closed for season 802-376-9626
• Father’s Restaurant Offering Local Delivery 802-463-3909
Busy Bee’s New and Gently Used Children’s Clothing open! Also serving free meals some Saturdays 802- 591-7353
• Miss Bellows Falls Diner Closed- For Sale!
• Shell Station -Stanch’s Place -new owners- gas & grocery & liquor- Local products available too! 802-463-4020 Meticulous Motors Open 802-732-8156 Heart & Soul Apothecary By appointment 802-829-3715
• Rockingham Dental Center 1 Hospital Ct 802-463-1915
• Dr David Heydenreich Dental -802-463-3187
• Greater Falls Dentistry – 802-463-4695
• Falls Mane Salon – Myriah Clark, Independent Stylist Heather Gleim, Independent Stylist Misty Haskell For appointments: 802-463-4000
• China Garden open for takeout 802-463-9885
• Walgreens: open.
• Vermont Country Store -Open Daily 10-5
• Saxtons River Market Open Daily 802-869-2266
• Saxtons River Inn Closed
Community Service Partners
• Our Place Drop In Center– 802-463-2217 for updates on services available.
• Rockingham Help & Helpers– coordinating volunteers & food pantry
Parks Place Community Resource Center is recognized as the hub of health and human services in the Greater Falls Area. Working with other agencies to identify gaps in services and strengthen connections between neighbors and the services they need. 802-463-9927
Greater Falls Connections Mission is to connect the community of Windham Northeast by inspiring and empowering people through education and collaboration to promote wellness and prevent the abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. Find out more information Online or Call 802-463-9927 Ext 212
List compiled by Pat Fowler, BFDDA Promotions Committee & Owner of Village Square Booksellers
https://labor.vermont.gov/covid19/covid-19-frequently-asked-questionsfor unemployment information
https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources. for SBA Loan information